Themabewertung:
  • 0 Bewertung(en) - 0 im Durchschnitt
Few Feature Suggestions
Hi,

I have a few feature suggestions:

1) Have the option to view more than 20 puzzles per page in the userpage tabs - ideally options of 50 and 100 per page. The limit of 20 can become cumbersome for someone who wants to surf through a large number of puzzles eg. Richard's published puzzles.

2) In 'Search Puzzles', have an option to filter for puzzles that have not been rated. Searching for puzzles with <10 solves approximately does this but still leaves out some puzzles. Those who want to solve puzzles close to a rating to push them over the line would benefit from this feature.

3) Have a separate 'Puzzle Lists' tab in the left-hand side Menu after login, instead of having it linked inside the 'Settings' tab.

4) When logged in and viewing another user's userpage, in their 'Favorite Puzzles' tab, the left-hand side icons reflect solved/unsolved as per the viewer's solve history, but in their 'Solved Puzzles' tab, all the icons show as solved. It would be nice if icons in this page too would reflect the viewer's solve history, to allow the viewer to quickly see which puzzles have been solved in common and which not.

5) Have the option to see another user's solved puzzles and favorite puzzles as an 'Overview' page, with puzzle rectangle links coloured as per the viewer's solve history.

Regards,
Vebby
Hi Vebby,

One way to create lists of 50 or 100 puzzles is via the user-customised portal page:
https://logic-masters.de/Raetselportal/E...config.php
To view the user-customised portal page, go to Settings and set the "Start page setting" to "user-customized".

It might take some time getting used to this feature, and it might be worth looking at this forum post:
http://forum.logic-masters.de/showthread.php?tid=1973

To find all blue star puzzles, you can filter the difficulty to "< 1 star (very easy)" in advanced search, then you can filter by how many solves it has. The only unrated puzzles that it misses are those with a solver-rated difficulty rating but not a solver-rated beauty rating.
(13.12.2021, 19:56)SudokuExplorer schrieb: Hi Vebby,

One way to create lists of 50 or 100 puzzles is via the user-customised portal page:
https://logic-masters.de/Raetselportal/E...config.php
To view the user-customised portal page, go to Settings and set the "Start page setting" to "user-customized".

It might take some time getting used to this feature, and it might be worth looking at this forum post:
http://forum.logic-masters.de/showthread.php?tid=1973

To find all blue star puzzles, you can filter the difficulty to "< 1 star (very easy)" in advanced search, then you can filter by how many solves it has. The only unrated puzzles that it misses are those with a solver-rated difficulty rating but not a solver-rated beauty rating.

Thank you for the tips SudokuExplorer! Your solution for searching unrated puzzles is definitely helpful but is still a little incomplete as you mentioned plus is not intuitive for someone who hasn’t been told the idea. I would suggest if the 'rating' and 'difficulty' fields have an 'unrated' option, it would solve both issues.

I hadn’t explored the custom start page feature before, so happy to learn about that. However, (i) this doesn't include the ability to view other users' solved or favorite puzzles as far as I can see, (ii) these lists do not include solved/unsolved icons, and (iii) it requires manual updating of the start page for adding/removing each list which is unwieldy. The ability to set the puzzles-per-page number once for all solved, published and favorite puzzle pages in their standard interfaces would be ideal.
A couple more suggestions:

6) Like there is for recent changes to tags and labels, have some message on the Puzzle Portal home page advertising the new Follow List feature. Some users who would benefit from it may not be aware of it if they haven't gone to the puzzle lists page in Settings.

7) In user page search (https://logic-masters.de/Raetselportal/B...gemein.php), have a real-time drop-down list as you type, just as there is in the Follow List page. The current case-sensitive search is not ideal.
Hello Vebby,
thank you for your suggestions. I have implemented the search for puzzles without rating/difficulty (you will find a new operator ∅ in the respective fields on the advanced search page).
The issue with the case-sensitive user search is also something I am hoping to fix soon. As for the other items on your list, we have not yet decided how to deal with them. However, any complex feature ideas involving additional cross-links are beyond what we are currently working on.
Best regards,
Roland
Thank you Roland for considering my suggestions and for already implementing one so quickly! Smile
The user pages search now has auto-completion. Also, it is no longer case-sensitive.
Couple more suggestions:

8) Sort the drop-down suggestions list in userpage search alphabetically instead of randomly as it appears to be at the moment.

9) Provide the option to display 'published on'/'solved on'/comment timestamps in user's local time zone.

Möglicherweise verwandte Themen...
Thema Verfasser Antworten Ansichten Letzter Beitrag
  Feature-Auswertungen Hausigel 0 1.031 05.06.2022, 13:53
Letzter Beitrag: Hausigel
  Feature Request SenatorGronk 1 1.028 06.09.2021, 20:08
Letzter Beitrag: Hausigel
  Neues Feature berni 2 6.362 02.08.2013, 18:29
Letzter Beitrag: Richard

Gehe zu:

Benutzer, die gerade dieses Thema anschauen: 2 Gast/Gäste