Themabewertung:
  • 0 Bewertung(en) - 0 im Durchschnitt
3rd Oguz Atay Puzzle Contest(OAPC)
All puzzle friends,

As you know 3rd OAPC will hold March 21. 1st and 2nd OAPC were held under Forsmarts/Diogen sites. Thanks for nice hosting. Now, third and the others will hold under OAPC web site as a part of official web site of WPC 2009.

We create two “Test Contest” so that you can understand how does site word and in this way preventing anyone time loss. Test Constests puzzles are same 1st OAPC. Results of Test Contests will remove before 3rd OAPC. So, don’t get high points because of being meanless, and dont avoid making mistakes when you submit any answers. You have any questions about site run, puzzles, instrusctions etc, you can ask on the Akil Oyunlari Forum at this link:
http://www.akiloyunlari.com/forum/forum_...asp?FID=36

Test Contest 1 will be available 18 March Gmt 20:00, and the other is 19 March Gmt 10:00. Duration of the both contests is 150+5 minutes(extra time). Both of them are same, so it is enough to participate only one.

Submit every answers after 150 minutes you get penalty points 0.02 for every seconds. This is steady for every next OAPC.

Instruction file of 3rd OAPC will be published in 18 March at OAPC web site.

You can register at: http://oapc.wpc2009.org/
It is enough to one registration for participating of all OAPC.

Serkan Yurekli
Gulce Ozkutuk
Serkan,

I have registered (approx. 10 hours ago) but I did not recieve an email to activate my account (user name: euklid).

Now I tried to register again but I was told that the email is already in use. Thus I know that I have not mistyped my email adress.

I fear that the automatic email response might have been deleted by the spam filter of my provider. Or is there some chance that I will recieve the email 10+ hours late?

euklid
(18.03.2009, 15:45)euklid schrieb: Serkan,

I have registered (approx. 10 hours ago) but I did not recieve an email to activate my account (user name: euklid).

Now I tried to register again but I was told that the email is already in use. Thus I know that I have not mistyped my email adress.

I fear that the automatic email response might have been deleted by the spam filter of my provider. Or is there some chance that I will recieve the email 10+ hours late?

euklid

Mostly activation mail come to spam mail box, so maybe you said your activation had been deleted. Did you try "lost your password" obtion? If it doesnt work, i report this and probably you will get re-activation mail or your registration completed a few hours later.
I didn't think about the 'lost your password' option. I tried it and immediately got an email to reset my password.

Unfortunately this did not work since i was told: "User is not registered". It looks like I cannot reset my password as long as the user euklid is not activated. But I cannot activate euklid since I am missing the first email.

Almost all spam emails are deleted by my provider. I do not even get to see these spam mails. This is very convenient most of the times, but not always...

Thanks for the offer to activate me 'manually',
euklid
Stefan your registration is ok.

Previous sent e-mails about OAPC were going to spam box, and now it has been changed by site admin. Anymore, these mail are going to inbox, not spam. If any problem like this, you can send mail to oapc@wpc2009.org
I've had some problems with registration too:

I got the email, it reads:

Code:
Your activation code is xxxxx . You
may activate your account by clicking the link
below.Activate your account.

That's all. No link...

After having a closer look at the email I found out what the problem is: My E-Mail client is configured to use the text-version of an email if one is provided. Your email gives both html and text, but the text-version does not contain the link.
Something more: It would be nice to add the timezone after "Contest will be held on 19 March 2009 10:00".
Some more feedback:

When trying to register for the mentioned forum I run into several problems. First: I don't know where to click (due to turkish language), but with trial and error I found out (I could have used babelfish or the like...). The I got the message:

Code:
Persits.MailSender.4 error '800a000e'

AspEmail's premium features have expired. To continue using them, please visit www.aspemail.com to purchase a registration key.

/forum/functions/functions_send_mail.asp, line 359

So I still have not registered and therefore I'll provide the feedback here.
  • At the beginning of the test, reload did not work. I had to click on the Link on the top of the page to get the password.
  • When pressing the "Send" button I don't get feedback. I guess this should be the green bar at the top, but it's offscreen when I press (yes, my browserwindow is quite small).
  • The gray used is too light in some of the puzzles. People with eyeproblems will run into serious problem and might even not be able to do the puzzles at all. From my experience I can say: For filled areas a 25% gray (HTML:#CCCCCC) is minimum and looks like a 50% gray. For text you should always stick to black on white or white on black due to contrast problems. Use used 16% gray for "phantom" and 25% gray for "battleships" and "tank". The "phantom" gray is hardly visible, because it's too light; the "tank"-gray is hardly visible due to missing contrast. The battleships gray is, although being the same gray like the "tank" one, ok. This is, because there it's used for filled areas.
  • Can't give a 9 as feedback. The star is below the form. This is due to the last column being too small. Anyway I will never provide feedback during the test - this takes time. I think it's better to give feedback after the test. Maybe you can use the results-page for this, because people will go there anyway to look if results are out... Wink
  • The resultsform for the optimizer is a little bit small, without need, there is enough space.
Some more feedback:
  • When time ends, the extratime is not shown. But when one reloads the page, the extratime is shown. It might be better to show the extratime immediately (maybe with other color).
  • The two timers seem to be out of sync. When the timer at the top said it's finished, there was still time left.
  • It looks as if answers are submitted even when you do not press "send". I don't like this feature, because one looses control.
Some info about akiloyunlari forum in Turkish:

In the top bar, the button "Kayit Ol" is for registering and "Giris" is for login pages. And if you want to write something, the three buttons below the textbox are "post reply" , "preview message" and "clear text" in order.

The problem in posting is that, as berni mentioned, when you click "post reply" you get an error message. This is not important, if you refresh the page and go back to forum you see that your post is submitted. I don't know why this error comes out, we'll report it to be fixed.

Möglicherweise verwandte Themen...
Thema Verfasser Antworten Ansichten Letzter Beitrag
  Beginners Contest 5 Hausigel 5 3.696 22.02.2022, 15:00
Letzter Beitrag: Dandelo
  WPF World Sudoku+Puzzle Convention 2021, 12.11.-21.11. online rob 8 6.039 13.11.2021, 10:03
Letzter Beitrag: pwahs
  Beginners Contest 4 Hausigel 14 8.336 09.11.2021, 22:09
Letzter Beitrag: Joe Average
  UKPA Yajilin Contest (10 Sep - 13 Sep) Feadoor 5 4.621 11.09.2021, 12:17
Letzter Beitrag: CJK
  KPK: Indonesian Classic Puzzle Competition 2021 (Sept 3rd-6th) athin 4 3.170 07.09.2021, 03:41
Letzter Beitrag: athin

Gehe zu:

Benutzer, die gerade dieses Thema anschauen: 1 Gast/Gäste