Themabewertung:
  • 0 Bewertung(en) - 0 im Durchschnitt
Concecutive strings, looking for tester + has this been done
I am looking for someone to test this puzzle. 4 star difficulty I think. Also I am curious if this ruleset, or something similar has been done before.

Rules: 

Normal sudoku rules apply.

A number in a grey cell is X, and is part of a string of numbers that is exactly X cells long, not longer or shorter. Each number in the string is consecutive with any number next to it in the string.

The string of numbers is in a straight line, and can be either horizontal or vertical. 

A string consisting of just one number is valid.

All possible grey cells are given.  

Example:
[Bild: YuofsIf.png]

The puzzle:
[Bild: z9G8IdJ.png]

Solve in penpa

If you can solve this, post me the answer. Also let me know if the rules are unclear or could be phrased better.
Is a cell grey, if the longer possible string (in both directions) has the length X, or is it grey, if one of these two directions has a string of length exactly X?
E. g.: If we have something like this:

3 4 5
8 1 9
7 2 6

Should the 1 be grey or not?
(05.03.2021, 21:36)CJK schrieb: Is a cell grey, if the longer possible string (in both directions) has the length X, or is it grey, if one of these two directions has a string of length exactly X?
E. g.: If we have something like this:

3 4 5
8 1 9
7 2 6

Should the 1 be grey or not?

One of the directions. The 1 should be grey.
Is this a clearer phrasing of the rules?:

Normal sudoku rules apply.

A number in a grey cell X, is part of a string of consecutive numbers that is X cells long. The string must be in a straight line going either horizontally or vertically. Each number in the string must be consecutive with the next number in the string.

A string of consecutive numbers that is just a subset of a longer string of consecutive numbers going in the same direction does not create a grey cell.

A string consisting of just one number is valid.

All possible grey cells are given.
The puzzle has been tested. I'll probably put it up tomorrow.

Möglicherweise verwandte Themen...
Thema Verfasser Antworten Ansichten Letzter Beitrag
  chaos construction - looking for a tester filuta 0 1.488 20.04.2022, 17:08
Letzter Beitrag: filuta
  Grey cell sum of two digits, need tester Thorsby 4 4.069 17.03.2022, 00:53
Letzter Beitrag: colski
  Camels and Penguins puzzle, looking for tester Thorsby 1 2.374 21.03.2021, 02:21
Letzter Beitrag: Thorsby
  Looking for tester, Penguin Sudoku Thorsby 2 2.945 01.03.2021, 13:16
Letzter Beitrag: Thorsby

Gehe zu:

Benutzer, die gerade dieses Thema anschauen: 1 Gast/Gäste