Themabewertung:
  • 1 Bewertung(en) - 5 im Durchschnitt
Tapa Variations Contests
One small remark: In the solution of the 3/4-Tapa-example there is a 2 missing in the first row.
(12.02.2010, 12:57)CHalb schrieb: One small remark: In the solution of the 3/4-Tapa-example there is a 2 missing in the first row.

Yes you are right. We will fix it in the puzzle file. Thanks a lot.
In the TAPA LOGIC you wrote "digits from 0 to 8", but ACGILOPT are only 8 letters (and OAPC are only 4). Does this mean that no letter corresponds to a zero like in the example?
If zero is possible, how should a cell containing only zeros be handled? - Like an empty cell, so that the cell and all neighbors could be painted, or like a "number cell", so that neither the cell itself nor the 8 neighbors can be painted?
(13.02.2010, 11:30)Semax schrieb: In the TAPA LOGIC you wrote "digits from 0 to 8", but ACGILOPT are only 8 letters (and OAPC are only 4). Does this mean that no letter corresponds to a zero like in the example?
If zero is possible, how should a cell containing only zeros be handled? - Like an empty cell, so that the cell and all neighbors could be painted, or like a "number cell", so that neither the cell itself nor the 8 neighbors can be painted?

Yes, of course it is possible. In the example any letters not correspond to zero, but in the real puzzle there can be opposite, so a letter may correspond to zero.

In the Tapa rule: "...Number/s in a cell indicate the lenght of block cell blocks on its neigbouring cells". If a cell represent with zero, it means that there are no block cells in it neighbouring cells.

ACGILOPT, 8 letters, and 0-8 is 9 digits, so a number will be not represent with a letter, wont used in the puzzle.
Ah, I remembered the competition a bit late. When I started solving (in Paint, so I dont have to go to the printer), 15 min were already gone.

I especially enjoyed the Combination Tapa, unfortunately I solved it to late to submit it. For the 3/4-Tapa, Paint was quite useful, I could just move one puzzle over another. Smile

And as far as I have seen, no mistakes this time. Smile Thanks for those wunderful puzzles.
Thankyou.
Unfortunately, I hadn't enough time to try it. But in a few minutes I will Wink
For me this second contest was harder than the first. I had the feeling that I had to use trial and error more often. But nevertheless nice variants, especially the Irregular Tapa was cool Smile
Thank you for this nice contest!
I liked these variants a lot and there was also no mistake in the contest Wink.
In my opinion, Irregular Tapa and Combiation Tapa were the best puzzles (although I didn't find any solution for Combination Tapa during the contest)
In the first half our, I managed to solve 8 puzzles (all the easier ones) and then I had big problems with Sudoku Tapa and Combination Tapa (which were the hardest puzzles of this contest, I think). And of course, I didn't even look at the optimizer Biggrin.
All in all, this was the best Tapa contest, I have ever seen in my life.

Florian
Sample size = 2? :-)

Did much better than last week, but only for the first 45 minutes. Get stuck on every puzzle after that :-(
The ones I did were all very nice, and none of the variation seems to be a "one trick pony".
Mensch, das war ja knapp! Florian liegt nur 7 Sekunden hinter Ulrich.
Was there a problem with the solution code for the Japanese sums? Almost nobody seems to have points here (including me), but for me it was the easiest of the puzzles and my sheet looks right.

Möglicherweise verwandte Themen...
Thema Verfasser Antworten Ansichten Letzter Beitrag
  Tapa Train (25th December to 13th January) swaroop2011 0 1.937 23.12.2021, 16:36
Letzter Beitrag: swaroop2011
  Yajilin&Variations - 30.08.-2.09.19 JonaS2010 16 16.494 04.09.2019, 23:14
Letzter Beitrag: Realshaggy
  Innovations & variations K0ntr0l0r 1 4.037 19.03.2018, 20:52
Letzter Beitrag: K0ntr0l0r
  TVC - Tapa Variations Contests 2016 debmohanty 6 11.259 10.12.2016, 00:41
Letzter Beitrag: debmohanty
  Classic Tapa Contest 2016 (2nd Jan - 20th Feb)) debmohanty 2 6.581 05.01.2016, 05:22
Letzter Beitrag: debmohanty

Gehe zu:

Benutzer, die gerade dieses Thema anschauen: 1 Gast/Gäste