Themabewertung:
  • 0 Bewertung(en) - 0 im Durchschnitt
Question from new user on LMG: Change username?
Hey everyone.

I recently signed up for an account on the puzzle portal, and I used my usual username that I use elsewhere on the internet. The trouble is... that username does not feel appropriate for the community I have found myself in and I regret choosing it.

It isn't anything really offensive, but sometimes gets caught in filtering systems. My usual username is "Scum42".

I don't anticipate there being any problem with this coming across as vulgar, but I very much feel like I stick out like a soar thumb.

So, is there any way to change your username on the puzzle portal?
Hello,
there is no functionality for changing the LM username.
Basically, having users change their nickname would lead to a lot of confusion, hence we are supporting such a step only in case of technical requirements.
As a general rule, I agree. But in this case I would consider making an exception. LibardiA's request is reasonable, he shouldn't have to have a bad feeling whenever he logs onto the site. Additionally, his account is less than three weeks old, so there's not much potential for confusion.

Up until a couple of months ago, he could have simply created a new account with a more appropriate username and ignored the original account, but we've recently installed a rule that prohibits exactly that. *shrug*
All right, I have just changed the username from "Scum42" to "LibardiA".

We can abandon the rule against multiple accounts. It was an attempt to reduce trolling, but I do not know if it makes things better or worse.
(02.07.2023, 21:52)Hausigel schrieb: All right, I have just changed the username from "Scum42" to "LibardiA".

We can abandon the rule against multiple accounts. It was an attempt to reduce trolling, but I do not know if it makes things better or worse.

I am new to the site but also forums in general... so I haven't even realized anyone was responding here. I just now went to LMD, and I noticed my username has been changed!
Thank you so much!

Möglicherweise verwandte Themen...
Thema Verfasser Antworten Ansichten Letzter Beitrag
  How do I change the language? Volkner 5 2.860 05.10.2022, 16:37
Letzter Beitrag: Volkner

Gehe zu:

Benutzer, die gerade dieses Thema anschauen: 1 Gast/Gäste