Themabewertung:
  • 0 Bewertung(en) - 0 im Durchschnitt
Vorschläge für die erweiterte Suche / Recommendations for Advanced Search
Since there have been changes recently to the Puzzle Portal, I thought it was worth giving suggestions to improve the advanced search function.

Currently there are 1154 unrated puzzles, which can be found by setting the difficulty to less than 1. However it is quite hard to make a decision regarding which one to choose. There also seems to be a bit of a discussion here: XV Arrow Sudoku — Rätselportal — Logic Masters Deutschland (logic-masters.de).

Here are two recommendations:
1. To be able to search based on the difficulty set by the author (number of blue stars).

2. To search based on the number of comments on the puzzle page by other users (i.e. excluding comments by the author). 
The more comments an unrated puzzle has by other users, the more information future solvers would have regarding that puzzle.

If anyone has other recommendations or differing views to these suggestions, do comment below what you think.
It is possible to search puzzles based on how many users are observing it (for example, one can put a lower bound to find puzzles which are observed quite often).
After reading Johannes Quack's recent post: http://forum.logic-masters.de/showthread.php?tid=1970, I thought it would also be helpful to search puzzles based on how many users have placed it in their favourite's list.
I have added two options to the advanced search: favorite list (i.e. number of users who have marked the puzzle as a favorite) and difficulty estimate by the author. Please let me know if it does not work as expected.

I also tried to implement a search by number of comments; it is not actually impossible, but the search performance was a major issue (it crashed the site for me). So I guess this will not be available anytime soon...
Thanks Hausigel for implementing the two extra options to the advanced search. They seem to be working perfectly for me! :-)

Regarding the searching by number of comments, maybe it is possible to assign the number of comments for a puzzle (a bit like the difficulty of a puzzle) and then update it after some fixed time (every week/fortnight/month depending on how practical it is). Don't worry about this if it is tricky to implement.
Eine Kleinigkeit, die sich vermutlich auf eine reine Textänderung beschränkt: Kannst du in der erweiterten Suche eventuell in beiden Spracheinstellungen das einzugebende Datum genauer spezifizieren?

Im Englischen zum Beispiel als Hinweis einfügen: YYYY/MM/DD
Im Deutschen zum Beispiel als Hinweis einfügen: TT.MM.JJJJ

Das würde denke ich viel Verwirrung beseitigen. Insbesondere bei Teilen der englischsprachigen Welt, die die Abschnitte irgendwie komisch aneinanderreihen.
(21.10.2021, 00:07)Realshaggy schrieb: Eine Kleinigkeit, die sich vermutlich auf eine reine Textänderung beschränkt: Kannst du in der erweiterten Suche eventuell in beiden Spracheinstellungen das einzugebende Datum genauer spezifizieren?

Im Englischen zum Beispiel als Hinweis einfügen: YYYY/MM/DD
Im Deutschen zum Beispiel als Hinweis einfügen: TT.MM.JJJJ

Das würde denke ich viel Verwirrung beseitigen. Insbesondere bei Teilen der englischsprachigen Welt, die die Abschnitte irgendwie komisch aneinanderreihen.

Gute Idee, habe ich eingefügt.
Following some of the recent changes (to enhance the performance in the statistics pages in the first place), it is now possible to search by number of comments on the advanced search page.

Please note that, if people keep changing comments in order to respond (instead of posting a separate comment, as they should in my opinion - but that's a different topic), the database has no chance to see it. If an entire conversation is held inside a single comment, it will only be recognized as a single comment for search purposes.

Möglicherweise verwandte Themen...
Thema Verfasser Antworten Ansichten Letzter Beitrag
  Bug? Suche findet nicht alle Rätsel uvo 16 7.129 20.12.2021, 18:54
Letzter Beitrag: Realshaggy
  Erweiterte Kommentare berni 22 29.532 26.08.2009, 21:57
Letzter Beitrag: pin7guin
  Suche: hexagonales Gitter Realshaggy 1 4.040 12.08.2009, 22:59
Letzter Beitrag: pwahs

Gehe zu:

Benutzer, die gerade dieses Thema anschauen: 1 Gast/Gäste