Themabewertung:
  • 0 Bewertung(en) - 0 im Durchschnitt
First Sudoku, Solvers Wanted
I uploaded my first Sudoku a couple days ago - it's not getting many takers, and my guess is because it's rather unorthodox and complicated.  I'm a storyteller, so I couldn't help creating an entire scenario and a rather busy grid.  I'd welcome some more solvers to drop by and give it a go, give it a rating, leave some feedback.  And overall just have fun with it.

https://logic-masters.de/Raetselportal/R...?id=0003GR

Or leave feedback here on what about it leaves you uninterested. :-)

Brian - Big Tiger
It's not your fault; there has been a flood of puzzles in the portal lately, and so some solvers have to be more selective about which puzzles they solve, and unfortunately the highly unorthodox are often low on the priority list.
About the story-telling - I can completely understand why you might want to do this, but story-telling in puzzles doesn't generally equate to as many rules as possible: for me the real storytelling is in the logical path. After all, that's what makes a puzzle interesting. Maybe if you toned down the ruleset a bit for your next puzzle and focused more instead on a nice logical path, your puzzle would get a lot more solves!
(14.05.2020, 19:15)Puzzle_Maestro schrieb: It's not your fault; there has been a flood of puzzles in the portal lately, and so some solvers have to be more selective about which puzzles they solve, and unfortunately the highly unorthodox are often low on the priority list.
 About the story-telling - I can completely understand why you might want to do this, but story-telling in puzzles doesn't generally equate to as many rules as possible: for me the real storytelling is in the logical path. After all, that's what makes a puzzle interesting. Maybe if you toned down the ruleset a bit for your next puzzle and focused more instead on a nice logical path, your puzzle would get a lot more solves!

I definitely don't intend to make them all this way.  After a week of experimenting and pondering, that's just what came out and I liked it.  And still do.  (And in fact I was able to drop two other rules and still have it come out.)  I have others in mind that are quite a bit more straight-forward with simple rules.
I think Puzzle_Maestro is right; there has been an unusual puzzle flood recently; The portal exists a bit over 11 years, and in that time, roughly 1 puzzle per day was published. In recent times, that has increased to an average of 4-6 puzzles per day, and there are quite a lot fairly hard ones among them. So there is plenty choice of unsolved puzzles for most players at the moment.

A side effect of this puzzle flood is that most puzzles don't get as much attention as we were used to/ they deserve, as you have experienced yourself.

Players tend to do puzzles that they like, that are easy or look promising.
As long as a puzzle doesn't have a rating in red stars (hence: the average difficulty-rating of the people who submitted such a rating), it is uncertain how difficult it really is. Also, the number of solvers can be an indicator of how interesting the puzzle is. And when there are so many puzzles to chose from, many players tend to go for the safe ones, namely those with a difficulty ratng and/or decent number of solvers and/or promising comments.

When I first read the instructions of your puzzle, I stopped after reading the first lines. I am one of the people who likes short and clear instructions; the shorter the better; the large number of instructions withheld me from trying the puzzle, although I am quite fond of sudoku variants.
But after reading your request here in the forum, I decided to give it a go. I had to read the instructions very careful in order to get them all right. After that, it was a very easy puzzle, with many forced steps in the beginning. Keeping track of all the different constraints was (much) harder for me than solving the puzzle itself.
(15.05.2020, 09:52)Richard schrieb: ...it was a very easy puzzle...

It would definitely be interesting to see highly experienced solvers run through it and see how quickly it comes to them.  I'm finding myself sweating over things labeled two stars, lol.  You experienced folks are amazing.  Or nuts. lol
I just can agree to Richard and Puzzle_Maestro. I sometimes print a few new puzzles and do them in the evening. I don't mind if they are hard (actually I like that), but for me also beautiness lies in the simplicity of the rules. Ideally I only have to print the grid and the title or one or two lines of notes. The amount of time I have is limited and I can't keep up with the amount of new ones in the portal right now. There are also puzzles from other sources I like to do (published on blogs, contests, and in these new applets and posted at twitter or collect in other databases). And of course I also like to create puzzles myself.
So the ones that I'm most likely to skip are puzzles with complicated rules by authors I don't know which none of my friends have solved yet. Unfortunately yours covers all of that categories.
(14.05.2020, 18:25)Big Tiger schrieb: I uploaded my first Sudoku a couple days ago - it's not getting many takers, and my guess is because it's rather unorthodox and complicated.  I'm a storyteller, so I couldn't help creating an entire scenario and a rather busy grid.  I'd welcome some more solvers to drop by and give it a go, give it a rating, leave some feedback.  And overall just have fun with it.

https://logic-masters.de/Raetselportal/R...?id=0003GR

Or leave feedback here on what about it leaves you uninterested. :-)

Brian - Big Tiger

I'm from China. I saw your problem, but I just quit after looking at the picture. I'm sorry.Please forgive my frankness!  If there is a variant Sudoku puzzle, if it is not a related problem of multiple Sudoku puzzles, I think that puzzles with more than three variant rules are all intolerable (of course, some puzzle producers have joined to ensure the uniqueness of the puzzle  Except for special restrictions)!  Simple puzzle patterns and single puzzle rules may attract puzzle players' desire to solve problems.
I really like that you started this thread with mentioning story-telling (not in the sense of telling rubbish). Years ago I noticed that solving certain puzzles can give me a pleasure similar to following the plot of a tale or movie. I remember SilBer's Doppelter Rundweg in this context. While following the (maybe by the author intended) solving paths I sometimes enjoy tension like when a storyline takes an unexpected course. Finding the solution to such a puzzle is more satisfying than usual and a puzzle needs a certain complexity to fall into this category.
Actually I think half a year ago a puzzle with that much story-telling would have been much more appreciated than now. I like that we have more puzzles now but there are also disadvantages.
All good input.

In addition to being a film-maker/storyteller, I come from a love of those logic puzzles where you have to figure out "who wore what on what day based on 12 clues" - so I will probably Never be the Sudoku maker who has "one simple rule". And if that only appeals to a few, then so be it. :-)

Möglicherweise verwandte Themen...
Thema Verfasser Antworten Ansichten Letzter Beitrag
  Testers Wanted Big Tiger 0 1.009 14.12.2023, 09:51
Letzter Beitrag: Big Tiger
  Help wanted with phrasing of rules (and their German translation.) Abdul the Killer 5 2.847 20.09.2023, 11:12
Letzter Beitrag: Abdul the Killer
  Go forth and multiply (Variant Sudoku) Nightmare2805 0 2.003 14.07.2023, 19:40
Letzter Beitrag: Nightmare2805
  Using ChatGPT to set sudoku puzzles. Mortius 2 2.073 13.03.2023, 21:12
Letzter Beitrag: Mortius
  Chaos-Sudoku ohne Lösungen? uvo 4 2.410 31.01.2023, 18:15
Letzter Beitrag: ibag

Gehe zu:

Benutzer, die gerade dieses Thema anschauen: 1 Gast/Gäste