Themabewertung:
  • 0 Bewertung(en) - 0 im Durchschnitt
Questions regarding WSC round 9 (TEAM) - Circle
All questions regarding WSC round 9 must be asked here.
I cannot understand how the corresponding cells work. Suppose Puzzle A is to the left of Puzzle B. Then the cells in question are those on the right half of Puzzle A and the left half of Puzzle B. But how does a cell on the right half of A correspond to a cell on the left half of B?
Similar question to Feadoor.

Are the corresponding cells directly linked, like for example in a Clone Sudoku by being arranged in the same shape or appearing in the same row, or are they just a group of cells that need to contain the same set of digits, but there's not necessarily a link between individual cells?
Also, what even is the "left half", and how does it change as we go around a circle?
I made an example for that, but it is still missing in the instruction booklet. The puzzles are exactly linked as in this example. I think it will be added? Richard?
The example will be included in the next version of the IB. It makes everything clear.
9.14 Quadruple Sudoku
The example contains "greater than" signs but the instruction does not say anything about it. A normal Quadruple Sudoku does not contain such signs. Is the example or the instruction wrong?
(18.09.2019, 23:04)maria schrieb: 9.14 Quadruple Sudoku
The example contains "greater than" signs but the instruction does not say anything about it. A normal Quadruple Sudoku does not contain such signs. Is the example or the instruction wrong?

I copied the example puzzle from 4.7. There are GT-signs in that puzzle.
The Quadruple in the team round doesn't have GT-signs, so the instructions are correct, but the example puzzle doesn't fit with those instructions. Will be fixed in the next version of the IB.
I see the example in version 2, thank you! Am I right to assume that the puzzles will slowly rotate as you go around the circle? I.e., every puzzle has its bottom pointing to the outside of the sheet, and the left and right sides next to the left and right sides of the neighbours, respectively? (As opposed to having all grids parallel to the grid edges, so that the meaning of top/bottom/left/right might change from puzzle to puzzle.)
(19.09.2019, 18:35)rob schrieb: I see the example in version 2, thank you! Am I right to assume that the puzzles will slowly rotate as you go around the circle? I.e., every puzzle has its bottom pointing to the outside of the sheet, and the left and right sides next to the left and right sides of the neighbours, respectively? (As opposed to having all grids parallel to the grid edges, so that the meaning of top/bottom/left/right might change from puzzle to puzzle.)

Yes. If the positioning would be parallel to the grid edges, there couldn't be left/right interaction at some places, which would conflict with the instructions.

Möglicherweise verwandte Themen...
Thema Verfasser Antworten Ansichten Letzter Beitrag
  General questions SF2L 21 27.431 03.01.2021, 18:07
Letzter Beitrag: pwahs
  WPC: Round 1 Individual - Welcome uvo 15 20.854 29.09.2019, 13:09
Letzter Beitrag: uvo
  Questions regarding WSC round 5 - Arrows, Lines and Circles Richard 21 28.448 29.09.2019, 05:44
Letzter Beitrag: Richard
  WPC: Round 5 Individual - German Style Puzzles uvo 2 5.547 28.09.2019, 20:09
  WPC: General questions uvo 12 17.564 28.09.2019, 16:07

Gehe zu:

Benutzer, die gerade dieses Thema anschauen: 1 Gast/Gäste