Themabewertung:
  • 0 Bewertung(en) - 0 im Durchschnitt
Questions regarding WSC round 4 - All 81
All questions regarding WSC round 4 must be asked here.
4.10 Three is a crowd

Does a "wrong" clue simply not count, or is the corresponding number not allowed to appear in the next three cells?
(17.09.2019, 18:44)rob schrieb: 4.10 Three is a crowd

Does a "wrong" clue simply not count, or is the corresponding number not allowed to appear in the next three cells?
The latter.
4.10 Three is a crowd - is it guaranteed that all 36 triplets of clues will be given?
(18.09.2019, 00:36)detuned schrieb: 4.10 Three is a crowd - is it guaranteed that all 36 triplets of clues will be given?
Yes.
A bit of a pedantic question, but last year I didn't ask a pedantic question I thought of, and then people started writing negative numbers in their Sandglass puzzles and got away with it Tongue 
4.4 Hidden Skyscrapers Sudoku: 
I assume the rules want to express "All possible arrows are given"? The way it is written know you could take a cell with multiple arrows and leave out some, but not all of them.
(18.09.2019, 16:44)pwahs schrieb: A bit of a pedantic question, but last year I didn't ask a pedantic question I thought of, and then people started writing negative numbers in their Sandglass puzzles and got away with it Tongue 
I assume the rules want to express "All possible arrows are given"? The way it is written know you could take a cell with multiple arrows and leave out some, but not all of them.

Yes, that is what is meant here.
... visible in all directions of the arrow(s). Would be a better instruction?

(18.09.2019, 16:54)Richard schrieb:
(18.09.2019, 16:44)pwahs schrieb: A bit of a pedantic question, but last year I didn't ask a pedantic question I thought of, and then people started writing negative numbers in their Sandglass puzzles and got away with it Tongue 

No, the problem is more that you are grouping all arrows in a cell in the same single "if and only" statement. I would just slap "All possible arrows are given." on the end to make it water tight.
(18.09.2019, 17:18)pwahs schrieb:
(18.09.2019, 16:54)Richard schrieb:

No, the problem is more that you are grouping all arrows in a cell in the same single "if and only" statement. I would just slap "All possible arrows are given." on the end to make it water tight.
OK, I'll add that in the next version of the IB. (and competition puzzle of course.)

Möglicherweise verwandte Themen...
Thema Verfasser Antworten Ansichten Letzter Beitrag
  General questions SF2L 21 27.270 03.01.2021, 18:07
Letzter Beitrag: pwahs
  WPC: Round 1 Individual - Welcome uvo 15 20.719 29.09.2019, 13:09
Letzter Beitrag: uvo
  Questions regarding WSC round 5 - Arrows, Lines and Circles Richard 21 28.223 29.09.2019, 05:44
Letzter Beitrag: Richard
  WPC: Round 5 Individual - German Style Puzzles uvo 2 5.523 28.09.2019, 20:09
  WPC: General questions uvo 12 17.483 28.09.2019, 16:07

Gehe zu:

Benutzer, die gerade dieses Thema anschauen: 2 Gast/Gäste