Themabewertung:
  • 0 Bewertung(en) - 0 im Durchschnitt
Questions regarding WSC round 3 - Pieces of Cake and Tough Cookies
All questions regarding WSC round 3 must be asked here.
3.9/3.10: I find the arrows very hard to make out (as arrows). The position is clear and will be sufficient to solve the puzzle, but maybe they could be made more clear?
We have chosen to have as much writing space as possible and since the position of the Arrow is most important, we will leave this as it is.
3.7/3.8 Distance Sudoku.

The vertical clues are confusing, because they are placed on the top of the grid, but oriented in such a way that they must be read (and applied) from the bottom. In my first few attempts at the example, I broke the puzzle very early before realising that I was applying the vertical clues "backwards".

Could I suggest either rotating the text by 180 degrees, or placing the clues at the bottom of the grid?
Every other Distance sudoku I can find has been presented with the top clues like this: https://logic-masters.de/Raetselportal/R...?id=0002NK
(16.09.2019, 16:36)Para schrieb: Every other Distance sudoku I can find has been presented with the top clues like this: https://logic-masters.de/Raetselportal/R...?id=0002NK
I'll ask Ulrich if it's possible to follow the other notation instead of the current one.
I prefer the orientation in the Instruction booklet. That way, the numbers appear in the order they actually appear in the grid. For me it would be much more confusing to remember that, for example, 3 goes below 6 in the first column,if the orientation gets swapped...
(16.09.2019, 17:52)JonaS2010 schrieb: I prefer the orientation in the Instruction booklet. That way, the numbers appear in the order they actually appear in the grid. For me it would be much more confusing to remember that, for example, 3 goes below 6 in the first column,if the orientation gets swapped...

I made a small omission in my post - I think the clues should be rotated by 180 degrees, _and the order of the numbers in the clue swapped_. That way the clue is written above the grid, applies from the top of the grid down, and the numbers are in the correct order.

This is also the style in Bram's example.
(16.09.2019, 17:52)JonaS2010 schrieb: I prefer the orientation in the Instruction booklet. That way, the numbers appear in the order they actually appear in the grid. For me it would be much more confusing to remember that, for example, 3 goes below 6 in the first column,if the orientation gets swapped...

But the Rätselportal-version does have this, no? It's just consistent in having the clues read towards the row/column.
Ah, I see. Never mind, then and thanks for pointing this out Smile

Möglicherweise verwandte Themen...
Thema Verfasser Antworten Ansichten Letzter Beitrag
  General questions SF2L 21 27.425 03.01.2021, 18:07
Letzter Beitrag: pwahs
  WPC: Round 1 Individual - Welcome uvo 15 20.853 29.09.2019, 13:09
Letzter Beitrag: uvo
  Questions regarding WSC round 5 - Arrows, Lines and Circles Richard 21 28.444 29.09.2019, 05:44
Letzter Beitrag: Richard
  WPC: Round 5 Individual - German Style Puzzles uvo 2 5.546 28.09.2019, 20:09
  WPC: General questions uvo 12 17.563 28.09.2019, 16:07

Gehe zu:

Benutzer, die gerade dieses Thema anschauen: 1 Gast/Gäste