Themabewertung:
  • 0 Bewertung(en) - 0 im Durchschnitt
Using ChatGPT to set sudoku puzzles.
I was wondering if anyone else has tried this? I asked ChatGPT to create me a sudoku puzzle and it did. Then I decided to see what would happen if I gave it some random rules to use while creating the puzzle and it seemed to work. Here is a screenshot and (link to the screenshot in case it doesn't show) and the puzzle it created using the random rules I gave it.

[Bild: qsbc3xR] Link:  Sudoku & ChatGPT  (https://ibb.co/qsbc3xR)

I wonder how complicated you could make the rules and have it still understand them and I wonder if the puzzle it made is actually solvable with the ruleset. 

Not sure if people are already talking about this but I didn't get any results from searching the forums for similar topics.

Just something I thought was interesting, not to take away from the fact that setting a sudoku puzzle is fun in and of itself and to those who can do that and enjoy it, my hats off to you, but for those who might have some ideas but don't know how to set or have the time to learn, this could be a way to create puzzles using unique rulesets.

*EDIT: I asked it to make another sudoku, a tougher one, and gave it more advanced rules. It made a 1-6 digit sudoku that is supposedly tough to solve. Note the ruleset I gave it and it seemed to understand and have no issue making it. Hopefully, it is actually solvable... It is located here:  https://ibb.co/P6vxNfg (Note that it says the puzzle has only 6 given digits but actually has 0 given digits and instead has 9 "E" and "O" which represent EVEN/ODD. I asked it about this and it apologized and said that there are no given digits and that it is still possible to solve... It looks impossible to me, but I'm an amateur. I did notice that all of the Os are a knight's move away so maybe there is trick there?) It includes the " no same number can be a knight's move away" constraint and no 1's can be next to a 9, not including diagonally (which I made before I knew it was going to make a 1-6 digit sudoku and since there are no 9s that rule can just be ignored lol). 

I think the main thing I forgot to tell it is to make sure it has a unique solution, or word it "The sudoku should only have one possible solution". I have a feeling that those puzzles have multiple possible solutions.

Let me know what you guys and gals think of this (and if either puzzle is possible to solve or not, especially the second one!) Thanks!

- Mortius.
I checked the sudokus and both are not solvable in my opinion.

In the first one it is easy to see that in the block on the bottom-right side the 7 has to be placed in column 7 row 8. Then the 8 has only two possibilities at column 9 row 7 or column 9 row 8. On both places there is no adjacent 7 possible, so this rule breaks.

The second one for sure is not unique, because you can choose with which odd or even number you fill in to the given "E" and "O". Also the orientation of the blocks is not clear. I tried to solve it, but it got no valid solution mostly because of the knight's move.
(13.03.2023, 09:42)heard schrieb: I checked the sudokus and both are not solvable in my opinion.

In the first one it is easy to see that in the block on the bottom-right side the 7 has to be placed in column 7 row 8. Then the 8 has only two possibilities at column 9 row 7 or column 9 row 8. On both places there is no adjacent 7 possible, so this rule breaks.

The second one for sure is not unique, because you can choose with which odd or even number you fill in to the given "E" and "O". Also the orientation of the blocks is not clear. I tried to solve it, but it got no valid solution mostly because of the knight's move.

Thanks for giving them a shot. I was afraid of that. I wonder why it can't set them correctly. I thought it could be a pretty neat and fun way to make your own sudoku puzzles but I guess we will have to wait for GPT4 and try again. There are quite a few things that I have noticed GPT3 thinks it can do but then fails. It gets coding correct sometimes but other times it doesn't work right. 

There is still a chance to get it to work as you can always tell it the puzzle isn't solvable or explain to it what is wrong and it will try to correct itself but I'm not sure any amount of this would get it to set sudoku puzzles correctly or not. Disappointed for now, but I'm sure we will get there. In the meantime, I'm going to try to learn how to set them manually as it seems like fun. 

By the way, if you ask Bing chat to set one since it has access to the internet, it uses a Sudoku setting from some website instead of doing it itself. lol.

Thanks again for the response!

- Mortius

Möglicherweise verwandte Themen...
Thema Verfasser Antworten Ansichten Letzter Beitrag
  Go forth and multiply (Variant Sudoku) Nightmare2805 0 2.000 14.07.2023, 19:40
Letzter Beitrag: Nightmare2805
  Chaos-Sudoku ohne Lösungen? uvo 4 2.404 31.01.2023, 18:15
Letzter Beitrag: ibag
  Miracle Sudoku Farkov 1 1.521 31.12.2022, 09:47
Letzter Beitrag: Phistomefel
  My First Sudoku Kayexe 2 1.970 28.09.2022, 19:49
Letzter Beitrag: Kayexe
Question Sudoku erstellen: Wie baut man das Ende? Sven2 2 2.324 28.12.2021, 06:13
Letzter Beitrag: Sven2

Gehe zu:

Benutzer, die gerade dieses Thema anschauen: 1 Gast/Gäste