Themabewertung:
  • 0 Bewertung(en) - 0 im Durchschnitt
WPC: Round 1 Individual - Welcome
Any questions about WPC Round 1 should be asked here.
3 small questions:

Alphametric: I assume no multi-digit number can start with a 0 in a correct long multiplication?

Snake Words 1: Does "Multiple words can start in same grey cell if and only if there are multiple arrows emanating from that cell" mean that the number of arrows must be same as the number of words starting?
By the wording of the condition I would assume that if 2 arrows emanate from a grey it should be allowed to have 3 or words starting in it, but that seems like a strange rule, hence my question.

Last Question applies to both "Snake Words" Puzzles: Do grey cells have to be filled? The condition "a letter in a grey cell must be the starting letter for at least one word", doesnt seem to forbid having empty grey cells, but the examples have none.
(21.09.2019, 10:48)Schachus schrieb: Alphametric: I assume no multi-digit number can start with a 0 in a correct long multiplication?

No multi-digit number can have a leading 0.

Zitat:Snake Words 1: Does "Multiple words can start in same grey cell if and only if there are multiple arrows emanating from that cell" mean that the number of arrows must be same as the number of words starting?
By the wording of the condition I would assume that if 2 arrows emanate from a grey it should be allowed to have 3 or words starting in it, but that seems like a strange rule, hence my question.

Each combination of grey cell + arrow is used by exactly one word. There are no two words sharing the same first two letters.

Zitat:Last Question applies to both "Snake Words" Puzzles: Do grey cells have to be filled? The condition "a letter in a grey cell must be the starting letter for at least one word", doesnt seem to forbid having empty grey cells, but the examples have none.

Grey cells are allowed to be empty.
This may be a weird request, but is it possible to rename Snake Words 1 and 2? It's just that there's a description of "Snake" in the Glossary, but neither of these puzzles behave like that Snake. So it seems kind of weird to use the term Snake in the name of a puzzle if it doesn't involve the Snake from the Glossary.
(21.09.2019, 13:35)Para schrieb: This may be a weird request, but is it possible to rename Snake Words 1 and 2? It's just that there's a description of "Snake" in the Glossary, but neither of these puzzles behave like that Snake. So it seems kind of weird to use the term Snake in the name of a puzzle if it doesn't involve the Snake from the Glossary.

Good point - these puzzles were created (and named) before the glossary, we didn't realize the name clash. We will think about this until the next version of the IB.
PS: I have seen weirder requests.
1) In Masterword,
If there are repeated letters in the clue word, and only one of that letters belong to Master word. Then if the position of one letter is Black and one letter is white, which one will be provided?
For e.g. If the Master word is "BAMBI" as in the example. And if the clue word was "CARAP". Will it have one black circle or one white circle?
2) In Snake Words, can circles also remain empty?
(21.09.2019, 18:03)swaroop2011 schrieb: In Masterword,
If there are repeated letters in the clue word, and only one of that letters belong to Master word. Then if the position of one letter is Black and one letter is white, which one will be provided?
For e.g. If the Master word is "BAMBI" as in the example. And if the clue word was "CARAP". Will it have one black circle or one white circle?

Black circles have priority. If due to repeated letters a black or a white circle could be given, the black circle always takes precedence. BAMBI vs. CARAP would have one black circle and no white circle.
Thanks for clarifying.

Another quick question, In Snake Words 1, can circles also remain empty?
(21.09.2019, 18:26)swaroop2011 schrieb: Another quick question, In Snake Words 1, can circles also remain empty?

Yes.

Möglicherweise verwandte Themen...
Thema Verfasser Antworten Ansichten Letzter Beitrag
  Questions regarding WSC round 5 - Arrows, Lines and Circles Richard 21 28.223 29.09.2019, 05:44
Letzter Beitrag: Richard
  WPC: Round 5 Individual - German Style Puzzles uvo 2 5.524 28.09.2019, 20:09
Letzter Beitrag: uvo
  WPC: Round 4 Individual - Roundabout uvo 6 10.639 28.09.2019, 12:06
  WPC: Round 12 Individual - Innovations uvo 10 15.275 27.09.2019, 22:06
  WPC: Round 8 Individual - Twilight uvo 6 9.459 27.09.2019, 20:28

Gehe zu:

Benutzer, die gerade dieses Thema anschauen: 1 Gast/Gäste