Themabewertung:
  • 0 Bewertung(en) - 0 im Durchschnitt
3rd Oguz Atay Puzzle Contest(OAPC)
3rd OAPC Impression

Thanks to everyone participated OAPC 3.

First, sorry for 1 hour delay. We know some competitors ( from Japan, Thailand etc) have to compete in midnight/or after because of competition time. Especially we apologise for this people. But also they participated in spite of this uncomfortable situation. Thank you.

While we look into all puzzles, maybe we can say like these:

Polygraph: Submitting answer this puzzle solution was easy. And four puzzles for this types have nice tricks. 3rd polygraph has two solution, and we accept submitted answers 19 and 20.
This puzze type most liked, Rating:8.5; Success: %47.3

Hexa Tapa: Another form which was created Tapa by us. This variation has more pure than Tapa so that, hexa grid has some advantages, some conveniences, and so it’s workable easily on this grid. But answer format was terrible!
Rating: 7.6; Success: %56.2

Tren: It is a Japanese puzzle. I meet it and solve first time, i really fun, and in my opinion this is nice puzzle for a competition which has time restriction. But answer format was awful like Thomas said on his blog. We cannot consider this format because of pressure of time. Also i think Tren is nice puzzle, it can include some nice tricks, different ways to reach the solution.
Rating: 6.8; Success: %25.6

Scale Sudoku: All of these were easy. 3rd one has several solutions, and we accept all of these.
Rating: 8.3; Success: %66.4

Horse Snake: This is very nice puzzle for me. Because you can permeate easily to puzzle.
Rating: 7.8; Success: %36.1

Thermometre Degree: All four was harder than our plan. Also first one has a drawing mistake, “lost 11” We didnt make balance of four Thermo puzzles very well. However we tought that you feel as an inspector. But it didnt work for our plan.
Rating: 6.9; Success: %4.2

44 Cells: This type belongs to Nikola Zivanovic. He published it first time(i suppose) in 9th 24 HPC. We made some additions of the puzzle with his permission. Most competitors didnt solve these. However, grid shapes give clues how is seperated dominoes by pentominoes. For example bottom of P grid(3x3 area), legs of A grid, top and bottom of C grid. Reaching solutions for each one was based on the grid situation.
Rating: 6.6; Success: %11.5

Island of Numbers: I think this is nice puzzle even though arrangement of words type. Because you must draw/blacken some cells which are all of them connected and when do this placement of some words appear; also you should find 2x2 areas and preventing them you must use some words. Also these puzzle some nice tricks. For example 4th one has “YYY Condition”
Numbers name nationality:
(1)YKSI(Finnish), (2)DVI(Indian), (3)THREE(English), (4)CHYETIRYE(Russian), (5)CINQ(French), (6)ALTI(Turkish), (7)SIEBEN(German), (8) HACHI(Japanese), (9) NOUA (Romanian)
Rating: 7.7; Success: %15

Serendipity: Good, easy and nice puzzle. You don’t have to deeply think. Only you hunt. All four puzzles nearly same value, same grade.
Rating: 7.3; Success: %26.3

Tetramisu: Puzzle idea belongs to Mehmet Murat Sevim. We think this idea is excellent for like this competition. So we combine the construction with another Murat Sevim puzzle “Consecutive”. Maybe it is a little “Mechanic”, maybe. I had a mistake answer cells for B grid. Bottom gray cell of B grid should be given a clue, not answer cell, but i had mistake by reason of appearing last two cells of B grid. We accept B43, B48. I made same mistake in the example. Because i didnt notice last appearing digit has one possibility or more, only i remark as an answer cell. .
Rating: 6.0; Success: %20

65 Cells: We cannot use optimization puzzle very well. Only two competitors send possible solutions in this contest. However we gave much more points than its real value. As Ulrich said in Logic Masters Forum competitors should make a choice. You should think if i choose regular puzzle(has unique solution), i get x points in recent time, when i choose optimization puzzle i can get y points in the time. We think about optimization puzzle for next OAPC very well.
Rating: 5.3

Serkan Yurekli
Gulce Ozkutuk

Nachrichten in diesem Thema

Möglicherweise verwandte Themen...
Thema Verfasser Antworten Ansichten Letzter Beitrag
  Beginners Contest 5 Hausigel 5 3.942 22.02.2022, 15:00
Letzter Beitrag: Dandelo
  WPF World Sudoku+Puzzle Convention 2021, 12.11.-21.11. online rob 8 6.471 13.11.2021, 10:03
Letzter Beitrag: pwahs
  Beginners Contest 4 Hausigel 14 8.781 09.11.2021, 22:09
Letzter Beitrag: Joe Average
  UKPA Yajilin Contest (10 Sep - 13 Sep) Feadoor 5 4.874 11.09.2021, 12:17
Letzter Beitrag: CJK
  KPK: Indonesian Classic Puzzle Competition 2021 (Sept 3rd-6th) athin 4 3.271 07.09.2021, 03:41
Letzter Beitrag: athin

Gehe zu:

Benutzer, die gerade dieses Thema anschauen: 1 Gast/Gäste