Themabewertung:
  • 0 Bewertung(en) - 0 im Durchschnitt
Is this acceptable on LMG: appending a solve path documentation with the puzzle
I want to ask what the opinion of the mods and more dedicated users is regarding an innovation I wanted to implement on the sudoku puzzles I post. What I want to add to each new puzzle I create is a pdf file documenting the solve path of said puzzle up to and including the finished solution. I anticipate that this would make the puzzle more accessible to solvers that get stuck in that they may, if they so wish, look up what deduction they are missing.  I myself do this with many of the puzzles showcased on Cracking the Cryptic - using the video as a solve path - and it has made many puzzles more accessible to me. This would, of course, mean that anyone essentially has access to the solution code (as the solution to the puzzle would be available). Although if one wanted to just "cheat" and not solve the puzzle themselves, there are many computer-solvers that can do that already.

Essentially, what I want to know is: would you feel that appending a solve path to the puzzle is in some way against the spirit of what LMG is trying to be?

Nachrichten in diesem Thema
Is this acceptable on LMG: appending a solve path documentation with the puzzle - von FKlauser - 20.11.2022, 14:28

Möglicherweise verwandte Themen...
Thema Verfasser Antworten Ansichten Letzter Beitrag
  Creating a fog-of-war puzzle bodemeister 1 1.377 24.10.2023, 12:18
Letzter Beitrag: Kitty Trouble
  Tips for new puzzle setter Twan2797 2 1.242 23.08.2023, 12:59
Letzter Beitrag: Dandelo
  Address for puzzle submission ddurschlag 5 3.205 28.06.2022, 21:54
Letzter Beitrag: Joe Average
  posting a puzzle pack filuta 2 1.867 04.05.2022, 18:52
Letzter Beitrag: filuta
  Logical path through Oubliette Sudoku CannyK9 2 2.994 30.07.2020, 16:56
Letzter Beitrag: glum_hippo