Logic Masters Forum

Normale Version: People making multiple accounts on LMG and affecting puzzle ratings
Du siehst gerade eine vereinfachte Darstellung unserer Inhalte. Normale Ansicht mit richtiger Formatierung.
Recently, I have observed a lot of solves from three accounts that look like they belong to the same person.
Kerry, katch and tigerhu. 
A lot of solves from these three accounts on multiple puzzles have occurred within a couple of minutes of each other. It feels like someone is manipulating the ratings of the puzzles either for their own benefit or with some other ill intentions.
There may even be other accounts that I am not aware of.
Kindly maintain decorum of LMD and don't create multiple accounts for personal benefits. Let those who enjoy solving puzzles themselves judge the ratings in regards to beauty and difficulty of puzzles. This is destroying the natural environment of puzzle making and solving.
Hopefully this message changes something.
I have an idea about who might be associated with these accounts but I don't want to take any names without any proof. I just want to make people aware that something of this kind is happening which I strongly condemn.
I am attaching a few images but you can see any puzzle solved by these accounts.
Thank you.
There are some more accounts that are suspicious with the same effect. I saw this some days ago already. There are a lot of puzzles that get solved by one person and then all of the sudden 5-8 people solve it too within an hour. My first thoughts were, that somebody is sharing solution codes somewhere and not a real multi-account, because that makes more sense from the time frame the solutions are logged in. But of course that is pure speculation.
I cannot explain the mentioned accounts - but as my husband bismarck and me solve sometimes puzzles together, I also type them in together for both of us. So not every occurence of such a coincidence is fraud. Perhaps there are groups of people enjoying to solve puzzles together.
(29.11.2020, 17:19)Danielle schrieb: [ -> ]I cannot explain the mentioned accounts - but as my husband bismarck and me solve sometimes puzzles together, I also type them in together for both of us. So not every occurence of such a coincidence is fraud. Perhaps there are groups of people enjoying to solve puzzles together.

@Danielle: I Always smile if I see that the two of you enter the solution codes just after another and I imagine that you had fun together solving the same puzzle. And: I am pretty jealous, since my wife doesn't have any interest in solving puzzles at all! Wink

In general: I noticed this habit too and had my suspicions as well. Maybe it will just go away; a few months ago there was also a group of players entering solution codes in a small time frame, but almost all puzzles were by one author. The beauty ratings sky rocketed after this group was finished. But I haven't seen any of them for a long time now, so they might have stopped visiting the portal.

Let's hope the portal will not be affected by bad habits too much!
Genau das habe ich auch beobachtet. Gruppen von Lösern schustern sich die Lösungen zu.
Manche Löser kommen irgendwie mehrfach vor.
Aber wozu soll das gut sein? Sind denn diese Ratings jetzt überhaupt noch von Bedeutung bei dieser Sudoku-Schwemme?
Selbst CtC wählt nach eigenen Kriterien aus, und nicht nur nach den LMG-Ratings.
Das verstehe ich nicht.
LG, Ragna
With respect to the consultation to the "author" we have deleted some multiple accounts (Solutions, ratings and comments). In fact, the accounts were 'sudoku2020', 'Tigerhu', 'puzzle2021', 'puzzlelogic', 'kerry' and 'katch'. The author apologized, said sorry and promise to stop immediately his "absurd behavior".